Question: What is the best way for me to go back to work if I’ve had a mild brain injury or stroke?

Answer: Once you have medical clearance from your physician, an occupational therapist with a specialty in neurological injuries such as stroke or mild traumatic brain injury can develop a gradual return to work plan to ensure success for you and your employer. An occupational therapist can evaluate your current skills, identify any limitations to performing your job, recommend and provide treatment to address these limitations and recommend steps to slowly return to work while you continue to recover.

For additional information, please contact STARS at 367-8989.